Thursday, July 5, 2012

INSPIRATION

It's been HOT in NYC for the past...well...3 weeks.
So, while I'm sure there's been plenty of perspiration....I'm just not so sure about inspiration.

My new gigs have kept me out of Manhattan for the past few months, until this week.  As I hoped on a subway route that was all too familiar for as long as I can remember...I couldn't help but catch on to all the drained human beings in that subway car.  This drainage continued in the 59th Street station, past Bloomies, and all the way down 3rd Avenue.  People were just hot and sticky and not connected in any which way to any particular thing.

I mentioned this to my dinner date, citing that I don't miss that feeling at all.  And I certainly do not,  but I felt myself painfully aware of what everyone around me was not.

WHERE IS OUR INSPIRATION?

There was no light in this city of all cities (sorry, I'm biased.  Deal.)  There was no buzz....barely a hum stirring in the people I encountered.  Which brings me to this.... A few years back I really and truly felt like I was done with NYC.  Somewhere around 2 years ago I began to rekindle my love affair.  Not just with New York, but with MYSELF!  I found the light in me...and just carried it around.  Sometimes in my back pocket, and sometimes in every single fiber of my being.  And by light...I mean soul.  My soul was connecting to something entirely grand which led to my own grand expansions.  Whatever it connected to is quite honestly 100% irrelevant.  The relevancy lies in the connection itself.  In the fact that I was driven, guided, and entirely motivated.

Take a minute, preferably in the comfort of some air conditioning, and remind yourself of the things you love.  Allow yourself a handful of moments to connect with what makes and continues to create you.  Stop moving forward, just be still.  Breathe it all in, and uncover these bits of yourself.  Hold it close to your heart, and make a deal with yourself.  Make a deal to connect in this way, or other ways...just a bit more frequently.  It's okay, I promise.

In this bustling world where we're literally working our asses off just to survive, find survival in what inspires you.

Namaste, lovey loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment