Thursday, July 12, 2012

MEA

My friend Mea started off my week with an invaluable lesson.

Before I shed light on the lesson, I need to shed light on Mea.  I've described her many times as being the most brilliant person I know.  She's this sparkling package of optimism, humility, spirituality, walking/talking brilliance...really any words I use to fill in the blanks will not do.  Mea is just SPARKLING.  Our friendship developed quite unexpectedly, but I can easily say she is my soulmate.  And I'm SO lucky to have her on my side.

Bottom line is, this week I was made to feel as though I had failed at something.  The word "ADVERSITY" came up...and I was "guided" as to how I should react in this "time of adversity".  I, on the other hand only applied the meaning of adversity to the fact that this Bonehead may get my foot in his...well...

I knew deep down, it was a matter of perspective....and mostly MOTIVE that lead to this disturbing conversation.   Meaning, I know the manipulation directed at me was dead-friggen-wrong.  Some of us have been through this, right?  Someone or something claims it's wrath on us...somehow making us believe we're accountable for something in some way.  We take on the brunt, load, weight of the situation....and in general just feel pretty worthless.  Here's where Mea and her lesson step right in!

I kept thinking about this word "adversity" and it's meaning....AND the fact that it wasn't a word/meaning I've come across often.  A conversation with Mea led to the discussion of our own inner power.  (Mea and I keep it really real, and really deep more often than not)  How our growth in our personal and professional lives through the current lifespan of our friendship has found us our inner expansion into the world we were meant to create for ourselves, and the POWER we hold in it.  I've decided, that's my meaning of adversity.  And that's exactly how I've taken this situation by the potatoes and translated it into something meaningful and positive.

THANK YOU MEA, FOR HOLDING UP THE MIRROR!

There are so many times in so many places in our lives a person or situation will attempt to get the better of us.  And it's absolutely fine...to feel the feelings connected to that.  When you come across this hiccup of life, talk to a friend/a loved one/your bartender...someone who really and truly knows every inch of who you are.  Ask them literally or figuratively, to hold up the mirror.  It's easy to lose sight within pessismism and manipulations.  But it's also easy to find yourself.  BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS THERE!

 ...and just as I was brainstorming this blog earlier this evening, intuitively (as always) I received an "I Love You" text from Mea, as I frequently do.

Saying I LOVE YOU to another human being has never been so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment