Wednesday, November 30, 2011

KINDNESS

The strangest thing happened the other day... 

While on the subway, feeling a bit drained myself from the trials of the day, another fellow human being got on the train.  As drained as I felt this person looked a bit more worse for the wear.  Swollen red eyes that had seen a tear or two, a frown that was no joke, and a general weakness and malaise that can only come from the overflow of emotion.  I saw it all, in just a second, and felt the utmost compassion for this person.

I thought to myself...what if, as a fellow human being, I recognize their pain and send them some well wishes.  Not so much an act of kindness, but a thought of kindness.  What if "energetically" I sent them what seemed to be missing? Compassion, support, the guarantee that no matter what they're not alone!  I did this...and when I looked up, this person looked right at me and cracked about an inch of a smile.

Could it be that she felt this energetic lift?  No...I'm sure not.  But maybe...she felt an energetic SHIFT.  Maybe...juuust maybe, she felt the support in her general area, rather than the doom of judgment.  Maybe...she felt the relief of some random kindness.

Kindness is human nature in one of it's rawest forms.  And these days, one of it's rarest.

Kindness is something intuitively passed along among us, when there isn't all that "stuff".  The conditioning that's so deep rooted in many of us that it comes out as....judgment.  Kindness is something we mostly have trouble passing along to ourselves, even.

CUT THE WORLD SOME SLACK!
I'm not even going to tell you why, or dive into this deeper because I'd be wasting precious time explaining something you already know.   You know how hard you are on yourselves and everything around you.  Perfectionists, I'm talking to you.  Human beings, I'm talking to you!

Love, plain and simple.  
Kindness, plain and...simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment