Thursday, February 27, 2014

YOU

You were my beginning...

I didn't see you coming...
I wasn't ready for you to disarm me.

..but you did it anyway.

Before you, I chose who I let in.
Although it wasn't  love at all.
Living blissfully unaware in a heart that wasn't entirely true.

Before you, I settled.
Inventing qualities in the other that didn't quite exist.
Living in admiration, of nothing.

Before you,  I didn't know forgiveness.
I didn't know to give it, I didn't know to receive it.
Living in a place of complete and utter perfection, all of the time.

Then you.

And there was this mind that knew nothing.
There was this fool that ceased to exist.
I was left wondering what happened.
I was left wondering who you are.
I was left with half my heart.

I feel like I'm in THE MOMENT of my life.
Where this is what's meant to be.
Where I believe in you...
....and let you love me.
We let this become what it wants to be.

Your heart, my heart.

Now you.
Always you.


No comments:

Post a Comment