Sunday, January 8, 2012

SPACE

I was away between holidays on a much needed vacation....

As per usual I had all of my texts in hand, to-do lists, ideas on updating my website, marketing, blogging, etc.  You get the drift.  I was almost looking forward to my getaway as a week where I can ACCOMPLISH all of the things I haven't been able to during the insane month of December.

Soooo....guess how much of it I got to?

Zip!  Zilch!  Nada!!

Seriously...I maybe spent 10 minutes on "work".
Which I realized is what a vacation should be!  I didn't even feel bad about my "lack of progress"....I actually felt a little bit better and refreshed for it.


...So, then naturally I started thinking about all the crazy New Years Resolutions that had probably already gone bad.  Not for lack of trying, mind you....but for the lack of...well...space.

It's great to have goals, really.  I'm building a career on it....so....yea, I totally believe in goals.  What I don't believe in is the pressure to get the damn things there already!  The thing is...anything that's cultivated so super quickly I find crashes and burns just as quickly.  And then there's dissapointment.  Just look on Facebook....it's there daily.  Like morgue you can scroll through, with all the resolutions that had SO much possibility!

The beauty of this entire blob of words is....THEY STILL CAN BE!  And will be, if you just let them! 

When you're seriously tackling anything, not just a New Years Resolution, space is your truest friend.  When you give things space....and time...they have a way of coming to you in their truest form.  The way your goal, endeavor, (website...ahem!), should truly be FOR YOU.  It doesn't become something that's forced.  It becomes something that's focused, with clear direction, and the steps you're going to continue to take to GET TO THAT PLACE!  Once you give it space...you're able to visualize it, breathe it, taste it even!  It becomes what you REALLY want.  

It's novel, I know.  Stepping back to give something breathing room is some of the hardest awareness to cultivate.  Especially where I am (NYC), where instant gratification is sort of in the manual.   But remind yourself this....just a few moments to clear the air will give you something wilder than you could have hoped for.  The beauty and lessons that stick with you, are what resides in that space.

Chew on it....utilize it...and then smile to yourself as you make your way!

Oh, and Happy 2012!  Wishes for many inbreaths, shifts, and realizations towards your truest self!
Love, love, and more love!

No comments:

Post a Comment